Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Single Life Huh?!

Dating. Talking. Messing. Whatever you want to call it. Whatever IT is. It's a pain in the ass. Single girl living in the Bronx..not really an ideal location to be looking for prospective boy toys because like every other place in NYC, the Bronx seems pretty microscopic when everyone seems to know *sigh* everyone... So then what's a girl to do??? I'll tell you what she does...She goes outside of her comfort zone, takes big girl steps into the unknown meets a guy who talks the talk and walks the walk of a potential but his mind just isn't where hers is (false advertising ass negro).. So she returns back to her original headquarters scratching her head with confusion, heart full of resentment, feeling defeated, misled and most importantly angry that valuable time wasted she can't get back. .. My generation has become filled with boys (yes boys) who don't want to be in committed relationships and girls who desperately seek them.. but of course because of the lack of male cooperation girls have to settle for dicks(okay dicks is a bit harsh,excuse me, guys) who just want to maintain non committed "fun" relationships... Since we're on the subject of "fun" what the hell does that consist of? Sex??? I assume.. but if it's all about sex then why not say that from the start? Using the word "fun" is portraying something false... Leading most girls to expect things they wont even come close to getting. I say most girls because there are girls out there who just want to have fun also but these type of girls are the ones labeled as whorish right? To some anyway... like i said if all the guy wants to do is "fuck, be friends, and live comfortably" then make it known that that is indeed all you want. Charming a girl into her panties may end up with both of you hurt cause lets face it girls can get a little crazy especially when they feel violated or hurt. I've been single for 2 years and I have to admit meeting and talking to new guys was exciting and daring at first but somewhere along the way it has become utterly annoying and quite dreadful. To meet a guy and hope that he doesn't end up being a jerk/an asshole/a creep and to find out that's exactly what you're getting is so frustrating and discouraging. I don't think this dating thing is for me at all. I'm not a promiscuous girl so I'm not willing to have sex with every guy i talk to and for the most part I am a total sweetheart (something that i have noticed is a BIG no no in dating central). I give all that i have when i have it and i almost NEVER take back and quite frankly this whole thing is quite draining.. you know.. going into something with so much confidence and hope just to have it not go the way you thought it would or planned for it to go... and maybe that's my problem... I put too much faith in people... I trust them to be better than what they really are... I deem my future pursuits as fairy tale worthy when in all actuality it's just one big nightmare waiting to happen... I indeed put too much thought into the ones who don't really think too much of me... and this is not only with guys, this is in general. I literally think there's a greater good in everyone (sadly). Maybe if my outlook on people differ then maybe i can get better results?... and this should be the case ESPECIALLY with guys. I am not at all bitter nor do i hate men. I love them. I just find it harder to appreciate their existence when they don't quite acknowledge ours. This is not all guys, certainly there are some good ones out there (I haven't encountered much of those :-D) and Girls of course aren't angels... we play our hand in this game and we sometimes deserve the cards that we are dealt BUT when is it enough? and when do we (both parties) start making serious situations out of them? Or better yet can we even attempt to make them serious? It seems there will be no satisfaction between the sexes because guys are looking for ideal women who are close to what they see as perfection (which they should know they probably will never get) while us girls are just satisfied with whatever makes us happy. Never adds up well because we're known to settle while guys are more so stubborn and will just continue to act like boys... continue to "chase skirt" (I'm quoting someone right there lol) and wait for their perfect girl. Once they realize the perfect girl is non existent or they won't get her that's when they start to grow up and focus on what they have/had right in front of them or who they are able attain. Sadly this process takes forever and their mind frame on relationships don't really mature till about 30 something (ha ha so much for that *lots of eye rolling going on right now*). So what's a girl like ME to do? Last night I thought this : Head in my books, heart in my work, soul in my family & friends...nothing left but my body for me. So with that said i don't really think i have anything left in me or of me to give to a guy who's not FOR me... :)

1 comment:

  1. did u just summarize my day i think u did hahaha fucking jerks

    ReplyDelete